The Who, What, Where of Social Media
October 10, 2017
Fact is, if you want to reach consumers where they live, work and play, social media is an absolute “must” for any communications plan. Social media has reached new heights of participation, with approximately 2.8 billion active social media users worldwide — nearly a 22% increase from 2016.*
Audience Profiles at a Glance
Whether your brand focus is B2B or B2C, a social platform is undoubtedly in your future. But which platform for which users?
Most popular social media platform; best platform to reach Millennials and Generation X
- Approximately 1.9 billion unique monthly users
- Predominantly female (83% of females and 75% of males online)
- Ages range from 18 to 49
- 75% of users spend about 20 minutes or more each day on Facebook
Reaches more of the 18 to 34-year olds and 35 to 49-year olds than any U.S. cable network
- Approximately 1 billion unique monthly users
- Predominantly male (55% male vs. 45% female)
- Ages range 18 to 49
Fastest growing platform
- Approximately 600 million unique monthly users
- Predominately female (38% of females vs. 26% of males online)
- 90% of users are under the age of 35
- 53% of users follow brands
Most oversaturated platform
- 317 million unique monthly users
- Predominately male (22% of males vs. 15% of females online)
- Ages range from 18 to 29
- 53% of users never post any updates
- On average, users spend about 2.7 minutes on the mobile app per day
People referred by Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase on ecommerce than users in other social platforms
- Approximately 317 million unique monthly users
- Predominately female (45% of females vs. 17% of males online)
- Age range is fairly evenly distributed; 18 to 64 years
Best known as the “Professional and B2B” platform
- Approximately 106 million unique monthly users
- Slightly predominantly male (31% of males vs. 27% of females online)
- 45% of users have an income of $75K per year or more
Timing is Everything
The right platform for the right user will pay off with a higher response rate. Of course, the message must also come across loud and clear. Equally important is timing. When do you make your post public or “live”? These are the best recommended times to post or communicate your message**:
Facebook: Thursday, 8pm
Twitter: Thursday, 5pm
LinkedIn: Wednesday, 9am
Instagram: Friday, 7pm
The Influence of Social Influencers
To give your brand an even bigger boost, consider bloggers or “social influencers.” They can increase awareness and generate social engagement on a grand scale. Many have a social presence within certain social communities and/or followers. They work as a “voice” that reaches consumers via their blogs and social networks — consumers that your brand may not otherwise be able to reach.
Take Your Communications Plan to the Next Level With Centra360.
As social media evolves, there’s more to know and even more to do to capitalize on this growing customer experience channel. Centra360 will define your audience, map out your vehicles of communications, and help implement a well-defined social strategy — it’s our recipe for a successful social media initiative.
Learn more. Contact Tony Moretti at [email protected] today
Centa360 is an award-winning marketing agency in NY best known for its shopper marketing, experiential and sweepstakes expertise.
If you’re looking to drive meaningful trial & conversion, we’d love to hear from you.